Thursday, August 13, 2009

1st week of internship

Just started my internship this week..first week already busy! most of the nights..reached home, kinda tired but kinda fun also lah. cos get to attend to children! :) Let's see..

Monday: First day of work.
Nothing much as every Mondays are meeting days and also to finish up reports for the children. So, Monday nothing much. Was greeted by two dogs in our centre. Kinda scary at the beginning because they bark bark like those dogs that can "rest" their teeth on you!Anyhow, now they are my friends! hehe. So back to Monday, I attended meeting, the other interns (UTAR students who started in March or May) brought me around the centre and introduce the assessments that we use in the centre. One of those mostly used are CTONI IQ test, PEP-R, Carolina test. Yupz. All so new to me. So, in the end, spent my Monday morning reading the manual of those tests. :) My lunch time is with the rest of the colleagues in the centre itself. They cook there. :) Around 11am to 12pm, some of them will start cooking! home-cooked food! nice nice! save $$! hehe.

Tuesday:
Tagged along my colleagues when they attend to the child. So that I can learn about how they do things there and etc. Lots to learn. Kinda interesting! Get to see lots of different children! Went back home tired. :)

Wednesday:
Still tagged along my colleagues when they attend to the children. Had a chance to administer to some of the children. DS and autistic. oh as well as ADHD! oh-my-gracious-goodness-me!! now you guys know where my energy was contributed to. Met one DS kid with hole in the heart. such a pity. Some of the kids are actually very pretty and cute. Sometimes, I feel kinda sad to see kids in those conditions! Oh.. and when I went back yesterday... I wore the wrong slippers as I was wearing house slippers.. so I ma go change slipper. I did not lock the door. I just closed it. BUT lo and behold, the dogs (Diamond and 2-way) ran away! Goodness! I was super-panicked! nd i felt very bad! very very bad! i cant even sleep at night! every time I think of dogs sigh.

Thursday:
The moment my mom turned into the road to my centre... I asked my mom to check whether can she see the dogs there! cos I didn't have the courage to check! When my mom said yes it is there... I did not believe! When i turned and checked... wow. my heart jumps! cos i was so scared if the dogs are not back then i donno how to explain to my supervisor! hehe. Apparently, my colleague who was there on Wednesday told me that she stayed till 6something for the dogs to come back home! haha. Today, I had fun doing things! hehe. see kids and etc.

Friday: (tomoro)
Going to Bukit Mertajam to see the children there. We have a centre there too. to cater to those who stays at the mainland. COme to think of it.. alot of people there too. our waiting list is quite long. and we have 400++ active cases with only 8full timers and 3interns! imagine that! its sort of like back to back work. But it's all worth it!!

Saturday.. we going to one of the schools to have workshops with kindy teachers! We are going to teach them about ADHD and ASD. Theory of mind, play and etc.

Sunday..another workshop in Disted. busy busy. this one is a full day thing. hehe.


Alot of workshops ahead! one in August 28 2009 but i couldnt make it. as i have family camp to attend to. first time i attending family camp. well, the family camp i am not attending with my family..but instead with kahwei's family! :)

Okay. so till here lah. will update more! but actually i have lots in my mind before i online. but once i face my new post thing... i lose the track! haha. soo toodles!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow rachel!your internship sound so fun!:D hope you enjoy the rest of it haha work hard!

    ReplyDelete